Monday, January 16, 2012

The passion within

The eyes are the windows to the soul. Maybe the face that launched a thousand ships? 
She is not Helen of Troy but I have always wondered what she looked like. 
Maybe a painting for the future!

This is a pencil drawing I did in the early 80’s; it’s a copy of a newspaper ad for jewelry. I don’t know why I like it, I just do. Maybe it’s the pose or the look on her face. Hell, maybe the best way I can describe it is if you have ever been in love with a woman, you know how you can feel when she looks at you. It can bring you joy, frustration, or cut you to the heart and soul whether you say or do something right or stupid. Ah women! I think I will never understand why some women will stick with us guys at times, not that I am a big jerk but I have my days…don't we all. As men we should be more thankful they do stick with us! And love them even more for doing it! What does this have to do with art, a lot! Never take for granted the people in your life that are there for you whether it is in your triumphs, failures, frustration, etc. Be thankful! I have had a lot of family, friends and women who have gotten me over some tough hurdles over the years especially the last three! And I owe them a lot. I told you I am passionate about my work. I think once I do release that passion to its full extent, I will become a better artist and a better person too. I always get the question, “Who was she?” or “is that an old flame?” Yeah, that was back in the 80’s when I was dating supermodels. No! I am just captivated by the look. I remember not being able to stop working on it once I started. It was fun to do and I learned some good techniques for future pencil drawings and that was another reason why I wanted to do it. 










No comments:

Post a Comment